Stonehill College selected BOND to provide preconstruction and construction management services for the new Thomas and Donna May School of Arts and Sciences. The 35,000 square-foot building houses the Admission Welcome Center as well as the History, Religious Studies and Philosophy faculty and the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. It features a welcoming lobby, 60-seat presentation room, 360-seat auditorium, classrooms, meeting spaces, bookstore, outdoor terrace and an Au Bon Pain Cafe. It’s located on the the former site of the Old Student Union building with sweeping views of the academic quad up to Donahue Hall.
- Construction within an occupied campus
- Meet with planning teams and work to develop a detailed schedule for preconstruction and construction process to minimize disruption to an active campus
- Coordinating with numerous invested stakeholders to complete the project
- Creating highly-detailed schedules that included working during off-peak hours to mitigate any potential disruption
- Establishment of detailed mitigation plans and protocols to ensure safe conditions
- The project was completed within budget and opened in August 2018 in time for the academic school year
- May Hall serves as a welcoming focal point to the college with bright and energetic new spaces for prospective students and their families