The School Building Committee of Quincy selected BOND to provide preconstruction and construction management services for the new South West Quincy Middle School. The 96,000 SF state-of-the-art learning facility features collaborative learning spaces, a media and library center, gymnasium, music and art rooms, administrative offices, cafe and auditorium.
BOND was selected for this project for its diligent project approach focused on safety, best value construction and rigorous management of the project schedule. Working with the School Building Committee, owner’s project manager, PCA360 and Ai3 Architects, BOND developed a customized approach. This included phasing and logistic plans, construction analyses and value engineering alternatives to maintain the project budget. BOND constructed a new building adjacent to the existing building. The team completed the demolition of the adjacent existing building and associated site work thereafter.
- Occupied building construction – close proximity of new construction to existing building
- Chapter 149A
- Challenging site abutting residences and business
- Student, faculty, staff and pedestrian safety
- Used Building Information Modeling (BIM) to generate 3D phasing and logistics plans
- Phased construction approach allowing students to remain in the old building while the new facility is being built
- Worked closely with the City of Quincy to minimize disruption and maximize safety throughout construction
- Detailed logistics plan / thoughtful approach which maximized student and parent access to the facility throughout the project’s duration
- Adherence to strict safety protocols, including CORI and SORI worker checks
- Coordinated construction activities around school operations and schedules to mitigate disruption
- Used Lean management principles to streamline schedule and reduce cost
- Revitalized future for the City of Quincy
- Brand new, modernized middle school facility
- Project completed on time