Bryant University selected BOND to provide preconstruction and construction management services for its new Chace Wellness and Athletic Center. This project is part of the Bryant Builds Program, a plan that that has added more than 250,000 square feet of innovative facilities to both the Smithfield, Rhode Island campus and in Zhuhai, China.
BOND worked closely with Sasaki Associates and university stakeholders to construct a new two-story, 6,700 square-foot addition and 3,400 square-foot renovation. The facility includes a new Sports Medicine and Training Center and office space for the Department of Athletics and Recreation and Bryant’s Division 1 Football program. The project involved a phased HVAC replacement, extension of the building’s fire sprinkler system and replacement of the mechanical rooftop units.
- Phased construction around an occupied building
- Accommodation of the college’s vision for the center within a designated budget
- Managing renovation in a 40+ year old building
- Schedule coordination with interior renovations and athletic/academic calendar
- Worked closely with Bryant University and Sasaki to determine phased construction process and faculty relocation to minimize disruption to an active building
- Designed a customized budget preconstruction process that identified the college’s priorities and maximized scope within the budget
- Early exploratory phase verifying existing conditions with laser scanning technology
- Successful expansion of Bryant University’s sports amenities serving Bryant’s varsity sports
- New existing condition drawings (above ceiling) of the existing Chace building for Bryant University
- Project completed ahead of schedule in June 2016 and under budget