The Sr. Estimator provides supervision and leadership to division’s estimating efforts in accordance with the company’s long-range strategic goals to grow the business.
- Assist division and regional leadership in determining what types of projects to bid, developing win work strategies and techniques.
- Experience in full estimating life cycle from take-off to bid review
- Prepare and review final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Work with regional leadership and marketing to ensure the final proposal is a comprehensive representation of how BOND will approach the project.
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients.
- May be responsible for “closing the sale”
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc., as required
- Taking a lead role in preparation of studies, materials, methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Establish and maintain a strong market presence in New Jersey, New York City, the Lower Hudson Valley and Southwest Connecticut. Specifically taking a lead role in maintaining subcontractor and select client relationships.
- B.S. in civil engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or equivalent experience
- Established relationships with vendors and subcontractors within the NJ, NYC, and CT region
- A thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques is required
- Ability to travel to NJ, NYC and CT when needed
- Must have knowledge of construction contracts
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making and problem-solving skills are essential
- Experience with heavy civil and utility construction including public works (airport, transit and bridges), gas and electrical transmission, energy plant construction is preferred
- Advanced management or technical training preferred
- Fluency in HCSS Heavy Bid Software is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.