The MEP/System Manager is involved in all aspects of the MEP/FP trades from design review, coordination drawing supervision, submittal review for compliance, field inspections, and testing and commissioning.
- Assist the project execution in working with all departments including operations, estimating, scheduling, procurement, ect.
- Analyze design documents for constructability, code compliance, and functionality.
- Responsible for review and tracking major equipment and controls submittals for compliance and completeness.
- Co-lead the MEP Coordination process with VDC, ensuring overall installation is in compliance with the design requirements, operations and maintenance fundamentals, and quality standards. Maintain all meeting notes and action items. May involve the use of Autodesk products.
- Work collaboratively with Owner and Design Consultants as required to achieve the client’s goals
- Assist scheduling with developing detailed CPM scheduling for all MEP installation activities in conjunction with project field supervision team.
- Work with superintendent on project logistics, renovation phasing, temporary facility plans, and temporary heating plan.
- Participate in cost review and change order process as it relates to the MEP trades. Establish ROM (Rough Order Magnitude) costs on MEP/FP changes for project management
- Attend regular meetings with owners, architect and subcontractors. Chair additional meetings with the MEP subcontractors as necessary.
- Provide on-site MEP/FP preinstallation meeting to review project details and expectations with foremen.
- Provide onsite Quality Assurance construction observation and reporting. Confirm the project/building systems are installed in accordance with the contract documents and coordination.
- Coordinate the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Create a project specific MEP pre-commissioning plan and verify its proper execution. Organize and manage commissioning meetings.
- Coordinate/work with any Owner third party or testing agencies for the startup/commissioning/closeout process
- Coordinate and manage the owner training process. Manage closeout of MEP/FP related documents.
- Act as a liaison developing and maintain relationships with owner, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner’s representatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and procedures.
- Support growth and strength of the company culture through management and guidance of junior personnel
- BSME in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with 6+ years of experience with MEP/FP design, estimation, installation, commissioning or 10+ years of experience in the commercial construction industry
- Strong understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low-voltage systems.
- General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes, and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of the project.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and remain flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidence for multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven leadership and facilitation experience
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Professional registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain a plus
- LEED accreditation, WELL Certification, Lean Certification a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus