BOND’s longstanding relationship with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital and history of successful projects led to BOND being selected for the new 5,500 square foot BreastCare Center at BID–Needham Hospital. Working closely with JACA Architects and the client, BOND transformed an existing interior space into a sophisticated, multi-disciplinary breast clinic with the latest imaging technology, diagnosis and treatment programs.
The project involved the demolition of existing interior space and renovations to include new procedure rooms and support spaces as well as a new exterior air handling unit. BOND performed extensive mitigation planning to minimize the impact of construction activity to existing floors. A primary goal of the project was to deliver a private, comfortable and calming environment with improved accommodations and patient flow.
- Minimize disruption for existing BID-Needham campus patients and staff
- Construction completed in an active, fully operational hospital building
- Manage all construction around existing mechanical, electric and plumbing during all phases of project
- Close collaboration with JACA Architects and client to keep budget and timeline on track
- Extensive mitigation procedures to manage noise, vibration and dust control
- The Center’s design and construction took into account patient input regarding waiting rooms, changing areas, imaging rooms and consultation rooms
- The brand-new space in Needham brings together radiologists, technologists, nurse practitioners and surgeons under the same roof
- With the new center, BID–Needham expects to nearly double the number of annual breast mammograms it provides to the community each year from 8,000 to 15,000
- The BreastCare Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), meeting the NAPBC’s highest standards for breast care