Senior staff accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end closing entries. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating and/or managing expectations of upper management.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records
- Make recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Review journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Perform variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Support compliance with GAAP principles
- Coordinate with Project Accountants, Project Managers and Divisional Controllers to prepare payment applications/invoices for sales or services rendered in compliance with financial policies and procedures. This includes AIA type payment applications, time and equipment billings, and the use of AR module within the Timberline accounting systems.
- Maintain documentation to track payments received, using the information to communicate internally and/or externally if applicable.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generate necessary reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices. Utilize reports to research any discrepancies, checking against bills, invoices, and bank deposit records.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with Timberline ERP
- MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- 4 to 5 years of relevant experience