BOND is seeking a project manager within our Providence, Rhode Island office to manage key projects within our healthcare & life sciences and/or academic market sectors. Candidates must have 8-10 years experience in a similar role.
As project manager, you will provide overall administrative and technical direction, working closely with the team and specifically the Superintendent. You will manage all aspects of project delivery including cost management, budget forecasting and scheduling and subcontract negotiations. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of a project’s construction phase and serve as the point person for daily interaction with the client and design team. You will have management responsibility for the development and oversight of the team.
- Develop systems and process related to analysis of project financial metrics (cash flow analysis, cost reporting, executive summaries, budgets)
- Anticipate and manage cost exposure related to the project
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule
- Monitor schedule and collaborate with the team and subcontractors to meet milestones
- Support the Safety Program and participate in safety training and meetings
- Analyze work load and staffing levels pro-actively and work to resolve issues related to manpower planning
- Develop strong relationship with clients by constant communication of schedules, change orders and progress
- Track and manage insurance and subcontractor agreements, serving as business partner
- Work with management by keeping them informed, summarizing information and trends
- Must have strong ability to understand strategy of the “Master Project Plan” with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates, plans and specifications
- Be able to pro-actively influence and establish positive working relationships with unions, subcontractors and BOND employees
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent time-management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- OSHA 30-Hour Training
- Must have a robust knowledge of SureTrak/Primavera, Scheduling Software, Document Management Software, MS Project software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
- BS/BA diploma in Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience.